Thursday, May 24, 2007

Guilty Pleasure: On The Lot

Okay, I've seen two episodes and I'm hooked. On The Lot is my new guilty pleasure--it's a reality TV show about a bunch of budding film directors all competing for a million dollar development deal at Dreamworks. The judges are Carrie Fisher, Garry Marshall, Brett Ratner, and Jon Avnet. Unlike most reality shows, the people in this one are actually doing something that I like to do (and miss)--making films. And they're doing it under difficult circumstances, which is the way films always seem to get made. And the judges don't indulge in cruel ego trips. (The web site is horrible, by the way. I really want to see the short films they made in the 24-hour challenge they had, but can't find them.) It's easy to imagine myself being a contestant (though I think it'll stay in my imagination for the moment).

No comments: