Thursday, May 31, 2007

off to BEA

This weekend, I'm off to Book Expo America (BEA), which will be attended by some 25,000 people, features 2,000 exhibitors, and 1,000 authors signing books. Yikes!

I'm supposed to be one of those 1,000 authors, signing copies of Tornado Siren from 11:45 - 12:15 on Saturday. (Come on by!)

I have absolutely no idea what to expect, other than I imagine it'll be pretty overwhelming (and that I doubt anyone will take much notice of me or my book in the midst of the mayhem, but you never know). It'll be fun to hang out with my publishers (Behler Publications) and their new distributor, Blu Sky Media.

The best part is actually that my wife, Tracy, will be there with me. This is a belated birthday trip for me, and the kids are staying with my in-laws, so this is actually a 24-hour vacation for us. She's a librarian, so she gets all sorts of special perks from the Expo. I figure we'll come away with lots of trinkets for the kids and more free books than we can carry. I hope to check out a few publisher booths for some folks that might be good for a few of my other projects.

No comments: