Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Good News: Stick Up For Mars will be in Ten by Ten

Just when I had that sinking feeling of, "Hey, I have no productions on the schedule, no one will ever produce my plays again," some good news came via e-mail. The ArtsCenter in Carrboro, NC, will produce my new ten-minute play, Stick Up For Mars, in their Ten by Ten in the Triangle festival, July 10-20.

I've been in the festival a number of times (Insomnia in '05, and Measuring Matthew and Ship of Fools in '04) and I've gotten good feedback, plus they pay ($100) and they bring in big audiences (maybe 1,000 for the run, or more), which helps me feel good about my annual numbers. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it down to see the show, which stinks, because I've never seen it before. Oh, well, with any luck the play will end up with a bunch more productions. It's a comedy about two women on the first manned mission to mars--after a year of being cooped up in space together, their obsessions are driving each other insane. I'm planning to include it in a new collection of short plays I'm putting together, Collected Obsessions.

No comments: