Friday, September 19, 2008

at the starting line--T Plays

As soon as I grab some lunch, I'll head out to the Green Line and try to write my T play. There's a young reporter from BU who will be shadowing me--hopefully I can turn off my extrovert mind and focus on the task at hand. I'm already trying to make the mental shift from soccer coach (we won this morning, 4-3, in a thrilling game) to playwright.

I got to watch the shows last night and have some ideas about what I want and what I don't, and even a few slips of possible ways to go. Time is an issue, of course. I'd like to write for an hour and just think and listen and see if anything new really jolts me, or if I might shape one of these other thoughts.

I saw the first round of shows last night, and they were all well done. It's nice to have such strong company (I won't say competition, even though, well, you know...)

Okay, I have 6.5 hours to write and type and send it in. Off I go.

No comments: