Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lost Oasis at Another Country

Another Country productions, run by Lyralen Kaye, who also produce the SlamBoston play slams, is doing a fundraiser May 18 and 19, and they will include a production of my one-act play, Lost Oasis.

This is a play with an important history for me--it was one of the plays in Theatre in the Wild, which was the inaugural production for Chameleon Stage in 1993 (a theatre I helped start and which is still around today) in Evergeen, Colorado. It was my earliest foray into site specific work. (It's also my first and only play to be done in NYC's Central Park.)

In a fun twist (or sad commentary on how we never throw things away), I just delivered the tent that was used in the original production to my director tonight (Art Hennessey--very glad to have a chance to work with him), for use in the the May production.

It's especially gratifying to see a play produced after 16 years and feel that it still holds up.

Here are the details for the show:
What -    The Factory Theatre & Another Country Productions present…
Best of the Best, Playwrights of Another Country Productions
 When -   Monday May 18 & Tuesday May 19 @ 7:30pm
Where -  The Factory Theatre, 791 Tremont Street, the South End
 Tickets - $15

Box Office –617-933-8600: www. Theatermania.com.com, search: Factory Theatre

No comments: