Thursday, January 28, 2010

Marketing for Playwrights at KACTF in Durham, NH on Friday

Tomorrow I'm off to Durham, New Hampshire, for the day.  I'm going to the Region 1 meeting of the American College Theatre Festival at UNH, which has already been going on for a few days.  I'll co-lead a marketing workshop for young playwrights with fellow playwright, Steven Bergman.  I'm looking forward to it--I love talking about marketing for writers.

While I'm at the festival, I hope to sit in on a directing workshop led by Adam Zahler, and also catch the dramaturg luncheon.

Even though the ACTF is really for college students, it's actually a huge opportunity for local theatre folk to catch some interesting workshops.  You can get a day pass for $30.  There are lots of workshops for playwrights and shows and acting to watch.  If you're a playwright with some free time, it's a great way to learn something and see some rising theatrical talent.

No comments: