Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Good news: Second Look is in Boston Theater Marathon XIV

I got some more good news:  my ten-minute play, Second Look, will be part of the Boston Theater Marathon XIV.  This marks my ninth time being part of this festival, which is my very favorite theatrical event.  Fifty different New England theatre companies produce fifty scripts by fifty different writers.  It's a great way to see a cross section of Boston/New England theatre at its finest.  It does require some stamina--the show will run on Sunday, May 20, from noon until 10 pm, but that makes it even more fun.  Not only is it great, high energy, theatrical fun, but it's also a fundraiser for the Theatre Community Benevolent Fund (of which I happen to be on the board).  TCBF provides funds to members of the greater Boston theatre community who are in crisis (illness, flood, fire, etc.).

In a couple weeks, I'll find out which company is producing my play.  Can't wait.  And I hope you can be at the show to check it out, or that you'll help spread the word.

No comments: