Sunday, January 20, 2013

Fire on Earth opens February 1 at the Factory Theatre

Picture

My play, Fire on Earth, about the men behind the creation of the English Bible, opens February 1 at the Factory Theatre in Boston's South End.  The show is produced by the fabulous Fresh Ink Theatre and will run from February 1 - 16.  You can get your tickets here.

I am super excited by this production.  I've been at most of the rehearsals, and it's been an absolute joy to work with director Rebecca Bradshaw and our very talented cast (Omar Robinson, Bob Mussett, James Fay, Brett Malinoswki, and Scott Colford).  This is a play about three men whose faith and friendship face the most extreme tests, and I've loved watching the real-life friendships grow between everyone involved.

I've been working on this play for a super long time, with readings of the early version from Rough and Tumble in Boston, the Lida Project in Denver, and the Cotuit Center for the Arts on Cape Cod, and then developed with most recent version with the Huntington Theatre Company, Rhombus, and Fresh Ink.  Now it's finally time to see the results of all the development, fully produced, on stage.
Did I mentioned that I'm excited about this one?  I hope you'll check it out.

(Look for more photos here soon, as we get some promo and production images.)

No comments: